Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Caramel Apple Sangria

This post is going to be a quick one! I've got a house full of sick people - myself included!  

I've never been much of a drinker. I've always had an insatiable sweet tooth and found most wines to be too dry for my liking.  Until I met my dear friend, Moscato and fell in love!  Perfectly sweet and delicious.  I haven't met a Moscato I didn't like!  This drink has the sweetness of Moscato with a little touch of bubbles and your favorite fall treat all wrapped into one. The sour apples complement the flavors so nicely and make the drink a bit tart and not overly sweet. 

What I love even more is that you can make this whole recipe for around $10 (if you consider the fact that you only use a few tablespoons of the syrup). The remaining syrup is good for coffees, lattes, etc.

Note:  I do not know allergen information for these products. They do not contain any peanuts, tree nuts or sesame; however, I did not check on cross-contamination because (obviously) my son with food allergies won't be having any. 



Caramel Apple Sangria

Ingredients

1 bottle white wine (I got mine at Trader Joe's)
1 bottle sparkling apple cider (I also got this at Trader Joe's)
2-4 Tablespoons of caramel syrup (I got mine at Von's)
4 Granny Smith Apples (I used organic ones from Trader Joe's)

Instructions

Pour white wine and sparkling apple cider into a pitcher.  Add caramel syrup.  Remove seeds from apples (I like to use a melon baller to do this!) Chop apples. Stop little hands from taking all of your chopped apples.  Mix apples into your liquids.  Chill & enjoy!  

BE CAREFUL WITH THIS DRINK!  It's so sweet and tasty that you might drink half a pitcher before you know it! 

Source:  Slightly adapted from A Night Owl Blog Print Friendly and PDF

0 comments:

Post a Comment