Wednesday, November 19, 2014

RANCH!

Ranch is everywhere these days!  From ranch chicken to ranch potatoes to ranch pasta! Everytime I browse Pinterest, it seems like half of the recipe titles start with RANCH! #ranchallthethings

I bought some regular Kraft Ranch Dressing because I trust their labeling policies; however, when my kids excitedly ate their salads, my daughter WITHOUT food allergies became very red and blotchy anywhere the dressing sat on her face (and if you're familiar with 2-4 year olds, dressing definitely sits on their faces!).  I was a bit worried but a quick google search and consultation with my network of allergy moms assured me that it was a pretty common occurrence and not a real allergy to worry about.  Nonetheless, I felt a bit uncomfortable and decided we'd have to start making our own.

I layered the ingredients in a small mason jar and suddenly fell in love! How adorable would these be with a cute little label and some twine tied around the lid with recipe and meal suggestions attached?!?

Ingredients

For Ranch Seasoning Mix
5 tablespoons dried parsley
2 tablespoons dried dill (also called dillweed - that name makes me giggle like a 6 year old)
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons onion powder
1 tablespoon dried basil
salt & pepper to taste

For Ranch Dressing
1 tablespoon Ranch Seasoning Mix (see above!)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1-2 tablespoons milk (depending on desired thickness)

Instructions 

Layer ingredients in mason jar.  The end :) Well, not really. But it can be if you're giving it as a gift!  If not, you'll want to mix the ingredients well.  To make dressing, mix mayonnaise, sour cream and milk.  Add in 1 tablespoon of seasoning mixture.  Whisk until all ingredients are well combined.  Top with a little sprinkle of dried dill, if desired.


Source:  Don't Waste the Crumbs



Print Friendly and PDF

0 comments:

Post a Comment