Friday, November 21, 2014

Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Loaf

Everyone has a weakness.  Superman had Kryptonite.  The Wicked Witch had water.  I have Starbucks.  I simply can't resist.  I love their warm, comforting drinks and the delectable pastries.  Every Friday morning, I treat myself to a latte and a pastry. I always look forward to fall when they begin to have their pumpkin loaf.  It's full of rich, pumpkin flavor, topped with those crunchy pepitas and has the perfect amount of spice.  BUT...  the past few weeks I have been disappointed to find that my local Starbucks is SOLD OUT of the pumpkin loaf by the time I arrive (which is before 7 am by the way!). What's a girl to do?

Make her own Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Loaf of course!  The best part of it is that my son with food allergies (and my son and daughter without!) can enjoy it with me. My husband (who was a barista way back when) can whip up an incredible latte while I prepare some homemade hot (who am I kidding... warm!) chocolate for the kids as we wait for our loaf to come out of the oven.  It's the perfect weekend treat that you can slice into thick pieces and freeze to enjoy any time!  I omitted the pepitas since I knew the kids wouldn't be too fond of them.


Ingredients

2/3 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup milk
3 egg whites
1 cup canned pumpkin (I like Trader Joe's)
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
heaping 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

Instructions

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Grease and flour a loaf pan.

In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk the white sugar, brown sugar, milk and egg whites.  Add in the canned pumpkin and mix until well incorporated.

In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt).

Add dry ingredients into pumpkin mixture and mix on low until combined.

Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean (or with a few crumbs).  Allow to cool slightly, then remove from loaf pan and cool on wire rack.

Source:  The First Year Blog
Print Friendly and PDF

0 comments:

Post a Comment